I won’t chat for too long about this recipe because I know it is frustrating scrolling and scrolling just to find the directions and ingredients to a recipe on many blogs.
BUT you have to make these. They are Ahh-mazing and super easy. They DO NOT taste healthy, but they are made of nuts, completely vegan, raw and gluten-free.
I have made them for two baby showers now.
Why for baby showers, you may wonder? Well, typically when hosting you don’t know all of the guests that will be attending nor do you know of any special diets or food allergies, plus a perk! Momma is usually trying to eat well for baby. Only drawback? If someone has allergies to pecans or cashews.
Recipe inspired by @detoxinista (she's my fave!)
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 2 TBSP coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/8 TSP fine sea salt
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup peeled & diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/4 TSP fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- Line 18 muffin cups with papers
- Starting with the crust, in a food processor (s-blade), grind the pecans into a fine meal.
- Add in the remainder of the crust ingredients (coconut oil, cacao, maple syrup and sea salt) and blend until smooth.
- Pour the crust mixture into the muffin cups evenly and place in the freezer to set and rinse out your food processor for the filling.
- In the food processor, grind your cashews until a fine meal.
- Add in the remainder of the filling ingredients (zucchini, cacao, maple syrup, vanilla extract, sea salt and coconut oil), blending until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the muffin cups and let them sit for 8 hours in the freezer (I like to leave mine overnight).
- Serve them shortly after removing from the freezer- they can get melty if left out too long.
Macros per cupcake (makes 18): 250 calories- 16.7g carb, 19gfat, 4.2g protein, 2.7gfiber