Breakfast for supper is always a good idea…. Especially when is it protein packed & tastes like dessert!
Prep time 5 minutes, cook time 5 minutes.
- 2 slices of Angelic Sprouted 7 grain bread (or Ezekiel Bread)
- 1 full egg
- 3 egg whites
- 2 TBPS of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼-½ TSP Cinnamon (I like mine extra cinna-minny)
- ¾ cup 0% plan Greek yogurt
- ½ cup blueberries (or any type of berry)
- ½ TBPS pure maple syrup
- 1 TBSP peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 TBSP ounce dark chocolate chips or chunks (I used 60%)
In a small mixing bowl, add your egg, egg whites, almond milk and cinnamon. Beat by hand until the egg yolk is evenly dispersed. (The cinnamon may look a bit clumpy).
Grease and heat a medium sized frying pan on medium, then dip your bread slices into the small mixing bowl. Place the saturated bread on the pan.
Flip your bread once it has a light brown tint. Once both sides are done, spread your Greek yogurt and blueberries on one slice and add the second slice on top like a sandwich.
Lastly, add your toppings! Feel free to get creative and add whatever you’d like!
Macros: 593 calories, 58g carbs, 20g fat, 46g protein, 8g fiber
Macros without toppings: 386 calories, 41g carbs, 6g fat, 41g protein, 6g fiber
Macros without toppings OR filling: 247 calories, 23g carbs, 23g protein, 5g fat, 4g fiber
*The macros are based on the assumption that the Angelic Sprouted Grain bread was used (I get it at Costco! its high fiber, low calorie and has surprisingly high protein for a slice of bread)