Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
......that ACTUALLY has more than 2 grams of protein per slice! And like always, made with natural, organic ingredients so you can enjoy this treat WITHOUT a sugar spike.
(Can easily be made Vegan** & GF*)
Prep time: 15minutes Bake time: 45-50minutes Makes 1 loaf: 12-20 slices
- 1 & 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plain pea protein
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mashed, ripe bananas
- 2 whole, large eggs
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 TSP cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP sea salt
*To make GF use a GF flour replacement (almond flour, coconut flour, etc.)
**To make Vegan, use two "flax eggs" instead and use unsweetened applesauce in place of the Greek yogurt
- Preheat over to 325 degrees & grease a 9x5 inch pan.
- In medium bowl, stir in the flour, pea protein, cinnamon, sea salt & baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, coconut oil, honey, Greek yogurt, vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes. Stir in the mashed bananas, then the flour mixture & lastly the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the pan & bake for 45-50 minutes. Check with a toothpick to ensure it is done! Toothpick should come out clean.
- Let cool 15 minutes & then indulge. Pairs well with a glass of vanilla almond milk!
We added some 0% plain Greek yogurt to it once sliced. Adds an extra 5g protein & tastes AMAZING on top!! See macros per slice below.
Macros per slice:
- If 20 slices: 127 calories, 2g fiber, 15g carbs, 6.4g fat, 4.7g protein
- If 14 slices: 181 calories, 2.6 fiber, 19.5g carbs, 8.3g fat, 6.1g protein