All right, so I tried out this new fad... Sweet Potato "Toast". It's a clever concept... consume a high fiber potato vs. bread (grains/gluten). It was super quick & easy. I used Japanese Sweet Potatoes, which has a taste mixed between a white potato & a sweet potato. My husband & I enjoyed the taste & texture & felt good after eating them. I would say they were a win! Let's see what trend comes next from this? Sweet Potato French "Toast"?
Give it a try! You might love this. Plus it very affordable.
The average sweet potato is around 100grams; which is only 90 calories, 2g protein, 21g carbs, 0g fat and 3g fiber. You can make 3-4 slices of Sweet Potato Toast from 1 potato. Not shabby!
- Sweet Potatoes (however many you feel like making)
- Toppings of your choice (see below for ideas)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Spray coconut oil, non-stick spray on cookie sheet.
- Scrub and rinse your potaotes
- Slice them 1/4 inch thick the long way (use a larger knife for increased ease)
- Bake 10 min and then flip them over and bake another 10min.
- Then you can store them in the fridge or freezer.
- When ready to consume your toast, pop them in the toaster until they are your desired "toasted-ness"
- THEN top them with whatever!
- Almond butter, banana & cinnamon
- Greek yogurt, salsa & cilantro
- Peanut butter, cacao nibs & coconut flakes