Dairy free, gluten-free, vegan brownies made with black beans? Incredibly delicious, smooth flavor with no short-lived sugar spike after eating them. A must try!
Surprisingly yummy! These are made with a full can of black beans.
There is no gluten, eggs, or dairy. Recipe Inspired by @Detoxonista.
- 1.5 cups organic black beans (1, 15 ounce can) rinsed
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 6 TBSP raw cacao powder
- 2 TBSP organic ground flax seed
- 2 TSP vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut sugar (I did a little less)
- 2 TSP apple cider vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1/4 TSP sea salt
- 1/2 TSP baking soda
- 3/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips (I did 1/2 cup)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You will be using a 9x9 pan. Grease it or line it with parchment paper.
2) Puree the rinsed black beans in a food processor (fitted with an s blade).
3) Add in the almond butter, cacao powder, ground flax seed, vanilla extract, coconut sugar, vinegar, salt and baking soda to the black beans. Process until smooth.
4) Use a spatula to spread the batter into your pan and top with the dark chocolate chips before tossing into the oven.
5) Bake for about 30 minutes. Use a butter knife to check to see if it is done. If the batter sticks to the knife, cook it a little longer.
Once cooled... Enjoy with a glass of (Unsweetened) Vanilla Almond Milk... yum!!!
Macros per brownie (makes 16): 125 calories- 19.8g carbs, 4g fat, 2.4g fiber, 3g protein