O.M…Ghee Healthy Cornbread
(With corny humor)
Prep time 10 min, bake time 30min. Serves 4.
- 1 large flax egg (1 TBSP ground flax seed meal + 3 TBSP water)
- 1/4 cup + 3 TBSP plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 TSP apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 TSP baking soda
- 2 TBSP ghee (or vegan butter)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or sugar of your choice)
- 1 TBSP unsweetened applesauce
- 1/8 TSP sea salt
- 1/4 cup + 3 TBSP yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup + 3 TBSP oat flour (or flour of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & grease 4 muffin tins.
- Prepare flax egg in a small bowl and let set for a couple minutes.
- Measure out almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Stir and let sit for a minute. Then add baking soda and stir once more. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add melted Ghee and coconut sugar and whisk. Then add applesauce, flax egg, and whisk once more. Next add almond milk mixture and whisk combining it all.
- Next add salt, cornmeal, and oat flour and stir with a spoon.
- Pour the batter between the 4 muffin tins
- Bake for 30-32 minutes (use a toothpick to gauge- should come out clean if you poke the center)
- Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Serve with a bit of raw honey on top (if you’re not vegan) - otherwise you could put a little raw agave on top or butter of your choice!
Macros per serving: 285 calories- 44g carbs, 11.25 fat, 4.5g fiber, 1.5 protein