Recipe inspired by Cookie & Kate
Prep time 10 min, bake time approx. 55 min.
As fall is now upon us .... throwing on a sweatshirt, drinking a warm drink & eating some homemade banana bread = dreamy. I happened to have a few bananas on the verge of spoiling, so this made for an easy, yet scrumptious use for them.
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs (can do "flax eggs" to make vegan)
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 large bananas)
- ¼ cup milk of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to sprinkle on top
- 1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour (or GF flour of your choice- I like Oat Flour)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease either 2 small bread pans, 1 normal bread pan or 12 muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together together with a whisk. Then add the eggs and beat well. Then add in the mashed bananas and milk.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Whisk. Lastly, stir in the flour, until combined. Some lumps are normal.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan(s) and sprinkle lightly, cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean). If you are doing muffins instead, cook for 35-40 minutes and check with a toothpick as well.
Let the bread cool for 10 minutes before you transfer it to a wire rack to cool. Cool for 20 minutes before slicing. AND enjoy with a large glass of almond milk or cup of coffee.