This is a recipe my momma makes and a family favorite. They are extra peanut buttery which is always a win.
I am slightly hesitant to call these "protein" bars because in the eyes of a lifter/bodybuilder...we would view this as more of an energy bar and would label the amount of protein in it as greatly insufficient; however they make for healthy snack, hold you over and are a great replacement vs grabbing for that dessert!
- 1 cup of Organic Peanut Butter
- 1.5 cups of Chocolate Grass-fed Whey Protein
- 3 TBSP of Raw Honey
- 1 cup of Old Fashioned Oats
- 5 TBSP of water
- 1 TBSP of Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 TSP of Vanilla Extract
- Add the protein, oats and cacao to a medium bowl.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, add the peanut butter and honey and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds until soft and easy to stir.
- Then combine both bowls' ingredient together into the medium bowl and add your vanilla extract and water. Stir.
- Place the batter into a 9x9 pan and press it down.
- Then slice into barss. Usually serves 12, but you can cut them smaller to serve 18.
*I like to eat mine straight from the freezer!
- Macros per bar (if serves 12):220 cal, 24g carbs, 12g fat, 7.4g protein, 2.6g fiber
- Macros per bar (if serves 18):147 cal, 16g carbs, 8g fat, 5g protein, 1.7g fiber
*You do not need to use organic, grass-fed and raw ingredients; however the higher quality your source, the better it is for your body, plus the bars will taste even better.